Re: [TCLUG:1265] Hp JetDirect cards

Bob,

AFAIK, there are at least two types of JetDirect cards/boxes.  Ones that
support multiple protocols including TCP/IP and ones that only support
IPX (and perhaps some other protocols)

At work we have both, but to the case, I print using to them using many
kinds of Unix.  I believe that I have printed to one  using Redhat set
up as a remote lpd device.  The print server and the spool name are set
the same, unless you have a box with multiple parallel ports on it,
then there is some pc-like name standard with suffixes added on to
control CR/LF and other options.

I hope this helps.

			- Jay