Re: [TCLUG:1327] Novell -> Linux

I have used ncpfs, mars_nwe, and the caldera netware clients and it
looks like you would be best served by ncpfs. It requires a bindery
connection so if the client uses NDS you might have to turn on bindery
emulation.
   With ncpfs, if you mount the netware volumes individually (they
have an all mount option) you should be able to share them via Samba.
The unfortunate part is that you mount the volumes as a particular
netware user, so all users of the ncpfs mount have that users
permissions and rights.
   I have used the Caldera nwlogin utilities and they have more
control (per user permissions), but tries to stop you from sharing
things (for security reasons) which may lead to a less elegant
solution. Hmmmm...
   I'd run both clients for a while if they are edgy. Good luck!

Troy

<<< Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>  9/22  6:42p >>>
I have not read any HOWTO or FAQ yet, just getting this out on the
list first.

Can a linux box read files from a Novell file server? I have a client
who wants to migrate from Novell to Linux (running samba). But just
cannot make that step, so they want to run Novell and Linux in tandem.

Anyone using Linux IPX stuff to get files from the Novell server?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700