Re: [TCLUG:1327] Novell -> Linux

	Bindery emulation is a server side thing, so if you're the
administrator of the NetWare servers you just set up a bindery context
(I only did this once, a long while ago, with NW4.1) and make sure you
and the things you need to access are in it. If you are not the admin,
ask the admin to do it. If they say no because they cannot do this
easily, please be understanding because a bindery context may require
some planning.
	If you can't get that working, you might try nwlogin with your
full NDS name like:
		nwlogin .username.organizationalunit.organization
but make sure you specify the leading dot (.) or it will try to find
you relative to your current NDS context (I think). Again, good luck,

Troy

>>> Ben Luey <lueyb@carleton.edu> 09/23 2:31 AM >>>
Thanks - The netware file servers I'm trying to access use NDS, so
ncpfs
wasn't working for me. I couldn't get nwlogin to use the right
context, so
I thought I was stuck. How do I turn on bindery emulation? I'm the
only
user on my computer and have only one netware account - so ncpmount
etc
would be great if it could work with NDS.

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu

On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Troy Johnson wrote:

> I have used ncpfs, mars_nwe, and the caldera netware clients and
it
> looks like you would be best served by ncpfs. It requires a
bindery
> connection so if the client uses NDS you might have to turn on
bindery
> emulation.
>    With ncpfs, if you mount the netware volumes individually (they
> have an all mount option) you should be able to share them via
Samba.