Re: [TCLUG:1526] Weird CD-ROM drive...

>         Does it actually play the songs backwards, or does it just play the tracks
> in reverse order?  'Cuz if it plays the songs backwards, I want it *right
> now*.  Otherwise, well, it might be a nice addition to my collection of
> Misfit Computer Parts.

Heh, no, it would play a few seconds of a song, then jump backwards
15-30 seconds, eventually working it's way to the previous track..  The
behavior seems to have stopped, though..

>         As for a replacement, I may actually have a spare 6x CD-ROM collecting dust
> in my closet...  I'll try and remember to check tonight.

That would be cool, but I don't know if I have a way of picking it up (I
won't be at the TCLUG meeting, since I'm going to be in Hibbing or
something like that..)

Anyway, as long as the CD-ROM is IDE (SCSI controllers are too
expensive.. drat! :-)  And it works with little or no percussive
maintenance.. (Hitting it)  I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Mike Hicks