Re: [TCLUG:1561] Star Office doesn't support glibc

Hans Umhoefer wrote:

> I downloaded star office 4.0 and discovered, to my horror, that it does
> not support glibc. All I have is glibc. Is there a way to install libc5 as
> a secondary library so that SO will work, or do I have to wait for 5.0 to
> be released?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Hans
>
> --
> Hans D Umhoefer (spudling@acm.cs.umn.edu)

No, you dont't have to wait for 5.0.  There is a libc5 library that you can
install for programs that rely on lib5c still.  I got a copy at rufus.w3.org.
I think it was in the 'G' section for glibc-libc.

--
Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.