old bios, new hard disk

Hi everyone,

Well, I'm back to world of the living. Mid-quarter reports were due today,
and I was up until 3am finishing grades. Now I can return to getting my
computers working.

I finally got the misc. parts that I had ordered to finish assembling some
Pentium systems. The first one I put together is a P-90. I put in 64 MB
RAM, ethernet, ATI video card, and a new 4.3 GB hard disk. I entered the
BIOS and put the number of cylinders, sectors, etc. and it seemed like the
BIOS was OK--it reported that the disk was the correct size.

These machines will be dual-boot with Win95 so I tried to partition the HD
so I could install Windows. The Windows 95 fdisk program won't recognize
the disk correctly. It thinks it's 430 MB (or something like that).

Is this a BIOS or Windows problem. BTW, the Linux Disk Druid correctly
reports the size of the hard disk. That makes me think it's a Windows
problem. If so, what's the fix?

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your