couple of ???

Ok I have been lurking enough....

   I am the network manager for a small ISP that is all Linux, right now we
have a mail server that also works as our main DNS service that seems to be
getting slow lately, of course I don't ever see it but some of my customers
do.  What I am looking for is a simple program that logs system stats like
CPU usage MEM usage both real and swap, and Disk space.  I have seen a few
programs but they all need X and I want something I can run in text.
  Next question, I am looking at getting a cable modem with MediaOne
Express, anybody done this yet? I don't like the fact that it is 1.5Mps
down and only 33.6Kps up but other then that what is the feel?  I am also
planning on making a Linux box for Masqurading IP's for my home network
when I get this too.

TIA

Jon Kotek
Online Advantage