Display Question

This is probably going to be a rather broad question but I'm looking for a
little peace of mind. Of late i have been having trouble with my display.
Sometimes it has a yellow tint to it. This happens off and on while I'm
working on it. It began when I had gotten my monitor replaced because my
old one died on me and thus it appeared to be a hardware problem so I
convinced Gateway to send me another monitor (which didn't fix anything) and
then a whole new motherboard (integrated video sucks, but if Gateway want's to
send me a brand new mother board and processor because the vid card is
goofy I'm not going to complain). None of these things fixed the problem,
so I'm beginning to wonder if it's a software problem. I observed the
first in Linux but it appeared in Win 95 as well. Now with the new board
and all, Win 95 seems to be ok, however I still have trouble with it in
Linux. I didn't think it was a software problem in Linux because I
observed the tinting while I was working in console, X or running an
SVGAlib application. I have an ATI Mach64 3d rage II and am running the
latest redhat rpm's of the Mach64 X server, the SVGAlib support f the
Mach64 seems to be lacking so I use a standard VGA driver when playing
quake. Is there some software bug or setting that could be causing this
behavior, or possibly damaging my hardware so that it begins to happen in
Win 95 as well? I apologize for the broadness f this question but I'd
hate to keep having Gateway send me new parts only to have it be
something I was doing in Linux. Gateway is not very supportive of Linux
and almost refused to help me with some other troubles I was having when
they found out I was running it. I think they've forgotten about it or
they wouldn't be sending me all this new stuff.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I realize this is a pretty
broad topic.

Hans