LILO, fdisk, and other OSes

I regret to say that I'm putting NT back on my home machine.  :( When I
can afford another box, I'll put Linux on it.  It's been fun but for now I
need to write MS Word documents and track my finances.

So, I hope my question isn't too far off topic.

I'm having trouble fdisking my hard drive.  I had Linux partitions and
LILO on it.  With the DOS 6 version of the utilities I created a new
partition with fdisk, made it active, and formatted it with the switch to
copy system files onto the drive.  When I boot I see "LI" which from
previous experience I know to mean that LILO is choking.

Actualy, I downloaded a DOS based shareware partition wiper and used that
because DOS fdisk couldn't handle seeing strange partitions.  Then I used
DOS fdisk which may not have been necissary at that point.

My question is how do I remove LILO with DOS utilities?

Carlos