Re: [TCLUG:1856] PPP up, but no IP

-> In a message dated 98-10-19 23:48:42 EDT, you write:

-> <<    inet addr:192.168.91.128  P-t-P:192.168.98.2  Mask:255.255.255.0 >>
-> Shouldn't your mask be 255.255.0.0 since the antioch and bloomington have
-> seem to have different numbers at the 3rd position ?

-> --
-> sandipan

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have also tried setting the addresses on
both ends of the PPP to the same subnet to no avail.

Also, since I last wrote, I took a closer at the debug output of both
pppd's and the one on antioch puts out a lot more information when
connecting to sites that do work than bloomington put out when trying
to connect to antioch.  Both are using the same version of pppd
(2.2.0) although the antioch is based on Slackware 3.3(?) (now at
kernel 2.0.35) and bloomington is a straight Slackware 3.5
installation.

Is it possible that when antioch tries to connect to bloomington, PPP
does not finish all the negotiation and therefore does not make a
complete connection?  A while back I was getting the message,
"Excessive lack of response to LCP echo frames.", after which the
systems would disconnect.  I have not seen this in a while and I
thought I had done something to clear it up, but I don't remember what
that might have been.

Any more ideas?

Eric