Re: [TCLUG:1872] Is this hard to do?

Hello all:

Ben Luey (lueyb@carleton.edu) wrote:

> ... I downloaded a chi script that did this from linux banners page,
> but it doesn't work, and I don't know how to debug it. (netscape just
> gives me the error). I can send the cgi script if someone wants.

1. make sure (1) your server is set up to serve CGI, (2) that your
   script has the correct permissions, and (3) that your script is
   in the right directory.

2. debugging a simple script (no arguments even!) should be as easy
   as running it and reading the output -- does it look like HTML
   (modulo the HTTP header)?

Regards,
John