[TCLUG:1889] Non-interactive Excel conversion script

I'm interested in a solution for this as well, if there is one. I have
done something similar to this with an NT server, but not from a Linux
server. If you have an NT server at hand, you might be able to do some
sort of tag-team development, where the Linux server requests the docs
(perhaps through an e-mail or some sort of Samba-based solution)
from the NT server. Or perhaps run dual Web servers and have that portion
of the site link to the NT, let the NT handle the database and build the
.xls file, then redirect back to the Linux box...

Hmmm...is it possible that StarOffice or ApplixWare has some sort of
command-line interface for this stuff?

Neal

Hey,

Anyone know of a script (perl, bash, c, whatever) that will convert
a tab-deliniated file (or better yet tab-deliniated stdin) to an Excel
file? I need it for a consulting job I'm working on.. customers hitting a
web site want the info from the database (based on their search query) in
an excel format, trying to figure out if it's possible.  If not, I'll just
set it up to send them a tab-deliniated text file and give 'em
instructions on how to import it.. thanks!

			Neal Tovsen