Shell Script Question

I have a problem with a installation shell script (from my previous
posts, you can see I am easily confused).  Some background: I downloaded
the Oracle 8.0.5 (production) tar from the net, untarred it using WinZip
and burnt it onto a CD. This begs the question, why would you do this?
My CD-R is at work, runs on NT and they have a big T-1 line to download
a 147MB file.  In addition, a 147MB file extracts to 500MB and then
install requires 1GB of free space which I just don't have at home on my
Linux box.  Everything went fine and I have shiny CD of 8.0.5 prod.
However, when I try to run the installation script, it states that it
cannot find 'file or directory'.  I can bring this file up in vi, the
first line is #!/bin/sh, and the rest is a normal shell script.  I
copied the script over onto my home directory,  to see if it would run
outside of the CD and print some echo statements that I had put in but
there was no joy in Mudville.  Any ideas I can try?  The following are
the first few statements from the script:

#!/bin/sh

ORAINST_ORADOC=T; export ORAINST_ORADOC

ORAINST_CDROMONLY=T; export ORAINST_CDROMONLY

ORAINST_DIR="`pwd`/`dirname $0`"
ORACLE_ICON=$ORAINST_DIR;export ORACLE_ICON

cd $ORAINST_DIR

ORACLE_TERMINAL=${ORACLE_TERMINAL:=$ORAINST_DIR}
export ORACLE_TERMINAL

--
Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.