RE: [TCLUG:1906] Shell Script Question

> when I try to run the installation script, it states that it
>cannot find 'file or directory'.  I can bring this file up in vi, the
>first line is #!/bin/sh, and the rest is a normal shell script.  I
>copied the script over onto my home directory,  to see if it would run
>outside of the CD and print some echo statements that I had put in but
>there was no joy in Mudville.
>
> "./script" ?

	That could be it, alright.
	The only other possibilities I can think of are:
	- you don't have "sh" in your "bin" directory
	- you don't have the script set executable ("chmod 755 ./script")
	- WinZip formatted the script as a dos text file, meaning that you'll have
to chop the extra CR/LFs off the end of each line before the script will
work properly.

--
Eric Hillman - UNIX Sysadmin
City & County Credit Union