trace where "device is busy"

I have a netware volume (NDS 4.11) mounted under linux (ncpfs2-2) and
everynow and then the mount dies and I have to remount. I tried this now
and it says "device is busy" when I try to unmount. How can I trace what
is using it so I can stop it and remount. Right now I get input/output
error when I try to access it.  I've looked for xterm's using a directory
or a wordperfect file, but I don't see anything using (or trying to use)
the mounted dir.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey