[TCLUG:2041] Strange terminal

>>>>> "UserCx" == UserCx  <UserCx@aol.com> writes:

[stuff snipped]

I don't know anything about the pulse vs tone issues but,

    UserCx> It says "Scanset" on the front and has a sticker on it
    UserCx> with :TEMAT TTE 415 B Made in France.

Sounds like you have a minitel (I think that's how its spelled.) A few
years ago (like 10 or something) before the web & before gopher (I
believe--don't quote me on this stuff) France telecom produced a menu
based information system that you could use from your home. I've never
actually seen one but my wife grew up in Toulouse and told me about
them when the web first hit 5 or so years ago. Unlike the web I dont
think it was possible for people to put up their own information--the
flip side of that is that things were much more organized and yuo
could get lots of local information from it. Ordering concert tickets
for a show in Paris is one example she's told me about.

At least that's what I think that thing is. If it is I wonder if you
could get the correct protocol to make it recieve info, assuming it
would produce fcc accepted modulations for our (ie AT&T's) version of
the phone system.

Andrew