suggestions for InstallFest

Hi everyone,

In preparation for the InstallFest, I'm going to download some of the
larger files/applications that people might want and put them on our
server at Sibley. That will speed installation a bit although, like last
time, we should have our ISP pretty much to ourselves and the T1 will be
sitting idle waiting for us to fill it up. :-)

So far, I've got the KDE 1.0 RPMs for RedHat, and I hope that my RedHat
5.2 CDs arrive by then. If they do, I'll make that available via ftp
too. I'm also going to download the StarOffice 5.0 file. Are there any
requests? I'll make it available if you tell me where I can find it.

On a related note:  I downloaded Netscape 4.5 the other day. I didn't
realize until later that it uses libc5. It wouldn't run on my RH5.1
system. I had to go back and get the glibc2 version that sits in their
'unsupported' directory at their website to get a version that worked on
my system. Maybe I'll try to download those as well.

Later,
Tim

--
Timothy Wilson		 |  Powered by Linux  |      Check out:
Henry Sibley High School |                    | http://www.redhat.org