mod_php install on slackware

I have installed mod_php on my RedHat box and it went fine. I am trying to
repeat the process on my Slackware box (a laptop with a small slackware
installation on it) and I am running into problems.

Specifically when I am running ./configure in the apache directory I
discover I am missing some files. The first file I needed to get was
/usr/lib/libcrypt.a. The second file is apparantly /usr/lib/libnsl.a

My question: Is there a package or packages I should obviously install
before I attempt to finish the Apache mod_php install? I don't feel like
rerunning the command umpteen times just to find out which is the next
file I must copy before retrying.

I'm obviously kind of new at this, so please bear with me. Thanks.

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
anarchy@anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.