RE: [TCLUG:2361] script problems

> Or you can store the deleted files with random/uniq names. I am
> sure there is a system call that generates a unique file name.

	I always use the Process ID ($$), or some combination of the PID/date. If
you string it all together as yymmdd_oldfilename.pid or something, you
should wind up with something ugly, but virtually guaranteed to be unique,
and the files will automatically be sorted by date when you do an "ls".

--
Eric Hillman - UNIX Sysadmin
City & County Credit Union