Re: [TCLUG:2478] export PATH=$PATH doesn't work

> If you want to make all your shells use that path, add the line to the
> end of your .bash_profile, .bash_login, or .profile.  The change will
> take effect next time you login.

And if you want all your users to be able to use it then put it in
/etc/profile
and functions and profiles can make it to
/etc/bashrc

Or just link the java binary file to /usr/local/bin or some other common
place that is already there in your path.
I try and do that to avoid having to keep adding directories to the
$PATH each time I install a new software.

Has anybody tried using "blender" at www.blender.nl ? It is a 3d
modelling package that is supposed to let you create broadcast quality
animations. I am just looking for inputs.

Thanks
sandipan