Re: [TCLUG:2498] X toolkit

I prefer GTK because it is light and has a nicer look the QT.
But then QT comes with better documentation.

You can use Xtk the X lib toolkit. You might have an option of being
able to use your application on non-X platforms whenever GTK and QT are
made available on them since in theory these donot have to depend on
X.

For Qt the qt home page has a pretty good user guide.
For gtk you can use the sparse documentation once you get the general
idea from the sample code and applications that are available.

And then there are Development environments that will let you generate
your GUI code for QT or GTK which you can get off the software map pages
at the gtk/gnome and kde/qt site.

I am not so keen on most of what is available since they all seem to
be under active development and I somehow still like the
vi->make->vi->...->gdb->vi->make...

Must be something wrong with me.
--
sandipan