Re: [TCLUG:2546] Configuring for 2 Network Adapters

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Gordon Pedersen wrote:

> When the system configured them automatically at boot, it did this:
> 1.	Old NIC
> irq=11, io=0xff00  assigned to eth1
> 2.	New NIC
> irq=11, io=0xfc80  assigned to eth0

It's good that they have different I/O addresses, but they can't have the
same IRQs. With these cards, what you have to do is boot into DOS
(presumably from a floppy) and run the little config tool that came on the
driver diskettes with the cards. I've dealt with the 3c509s before, and
this was my experience. Just resetting the IRQ on one of the cards will
solve a lot of your problems.

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

"Luminous beings are we. Not this...crude matter."  -- Yoda