Re: [TCLUG:2592] Mounting filesystems

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans D. Umhoefer <spudling@acm.cs.umn.edu>
To: tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com <tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com>
Date: Monday, December 07, 1998 8:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:2592] Mounting filesystems

>device name is probably /dev/hd* depending on which ide controller you
>have it on and whether it is a master or a slave drive. (Mine is /dev/hdc
>I have an ide cdrom as master on the second ide controller) I don't have a
>/dev/cd0 just /dev/cdrom which is a symlink pointing to /dev/hdc but
>things may be different on different distributions.

mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /usr/cdrom

works.  Haven't tried mounting the floppy successfully yet, but if I got the
cdrom to work, then floppies and zip drive aren't too far behind. The trick
is now to mount the devices upon boot. Don't tell me. Let me mess it up
first :-)

I successfully gunzipped and tarrred two mail programs, but getting them to
install will be my next battle.
I'm using olwm mostly.

>As to the floppy, it probably doesn't have and iso9660 file system on it.
>try ext2 or msdos or vfat

tried ext2 the other day, but it came back with:

mount: worng fs type, bad option, bad superblock on dev/fd0, or too many
mounted filesystems

I wonder if it was because I was trying to read my boot floppy.

>Hope this helps
>
>Hans

Thanks.

If encryption is outlawed, then only outlaws wil$%YHG#%^&