Re: [TCLUG:2546] Configuring for 2 Network Adapters

On 08-Dec-98 Carl Patten wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Gabe Turner wrote:
>

>> They include a newer kernel module.  I have a 905b also and couldn't get it
>> work until 2.0.35 came out.
>>

> You did?  How?  I fought mine for days under S.u.S.E. 5.3 (2.0.35 kernel)
> and finally traded it for an older 3C905.  The 905b always showed MAC
> address 00:00:00:00:00 on boot.

I just ran modprobe with 3c59x.o...  and it worked.. so I then compiled it into
my kernel and it worked just fine.  I even have two ethernet cards in the same
machine.  I set my 3c905b as eth1, but then after awhile it decided it wanted
to be eth0 so I had to change my network settings...

Gabe