Re: [TCLUG:2624] 2.1.131

> Uncompressing Linux...
>
>     crc error
>
> -- System Halted
>
> So it doesn't just reboot my machine...  but it stil doesn't boot.  It looks to
> me like the kernel is becoming corrupt or something... Neone know what might be
> causing this?

I've had this happen to me before (somewhere around 2.0.30, IIRC..), but
I can't remember the exact cause..  I think I had some extra memory that
was the wrong speed in my computer or something.  At any rate, I could
usually get the system to boot by doing a power-down, waiting a while,
and then trying it again..  Rebooting caused some corrupted memory or
something..

It's also possible that I had gone through a boot process similar to
this:

Boot DOS
Reboot to Linux
Reboot, get CRC error..

But as I said, I can't remember very clearly..
--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.1.129