Re: [TCLUG:2631] Samba setup

Ok, tried doing this but didn't help, as a matter of fact it prevented me
from using smbclient at all, as well as other programs (like mc). I started
more "heavier" reading of the man pages, how-to's etc, and then i came upon
this site

http://www.sfu.ca/~yzhang/linux/samba/index.html

THANK YOU yzhang!!!

The information here at least got me to the point where I can view
workgroups/shares on the linux server. WONDERFUL! Anyway, i still don't
understand why i cannot view my shares under linux with the command

smbclient -L hostname

but it will work with this command

smbclient -L 192.168.0.1

Also, i cannot link to the other machine (192.168.0.2) which is on the same
workgroup on the linux server.

any thought, anyone, anyone...

paul.

P.s thanks to all that have helped so far in getting me going. Who say's you
can't get support for OSS?!? way to go people!!!