Moving a site

I just sold my house in Minneapolis and will be moving to Portland in
January. Currently I'm running Apache and sendmail on my Linux box and I
have a registered domain name, etc.

Right after Christmas, I plan to fly out to Portland and set up a box at
my brother's office, register a change to it as my new (though temporary)
site. When I get settled in Portland, I hope to have a DSL line coming
into my house, and I'll move the site (again) -- this time to its long
term home.

I want advice on how to make this process go smoothly. It seems I'll need
to keep two boxes in synch (the Minneapolis box and the Portland box)
while the DNS changes are going through. Both boxes have RedHat 5.1
installed. My clients connect to my website and upload data files for me
to process -- data files which I can't afford to miss. I also need to get
my email. I can afford to be down for short periods.

Current system connects to an ISP through an Ascend router and an ISDN
line (using isd.net as an ISP). System in Porltand will connect using DSL
(at least initially).

In spite of doing all this, I'm fairly new to Linux. Is there a pointer
out there for which configuration files I should / should not try to keep
in synch? Are there tools that will make my life a lot easier?

Thanks in advance.

--
Richard Seymour, Anarchy Software, Inc.
anarchy@anarchysoftware.com

The opinions expressed are those of my employer, not my own.