RE: [TCLUG:2829] run program for a while, then kill

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Ben Luey wrote:

> > > because I hate
> >
> > "Unknown"?!  Good grief, that quote is one of A. Whitney Brown's classic
> > lines.  He performed at the ACME Comedy Club in Minneapolis last year, which
> > is where I heard it.
>

> Are you sure that Brown originally said it and didn't just reuse it. I've
> seen the quote in a book and twice in the newspaper -- both times
> attributed to unknown. I think the saying it pretty old nobody knows who
> said it first because so many people have heard it.

According to this "Quotable Quotes" page
(http://www.in-search-of.com/frames/quotes/index_fr.shtml) it was A.
Whitney Brown (Near the bottom, number 31, "The Best of Quotations
Digest"). Still, this doesn't really prove anything. I'd like to see it in
a book to make a real determination.

Still, that is one of my favorite quotes :) I know this is off topic, but
here's some irony for you all:

        It is of the utmost importance that there should not emerge in
the Republic a single man...assembling in his hands total power; who,
when he has it, will employ it in the destruction of any who refuse to
march under his banner.
        --Maximilien Robespierre

Well, back to work...

Luke