Re: [TCLUG:2910] Need help for installing Red Hat 5.0 or 5.2 on DellInspiron 7000

I will be doing this very thing as soon as the Dell I7000 arrives.
Essentially, RedHat 5.2 shipped with XFree86-3.3.2 which had no support
for the ATI Rage Pro LT graphics adapter.  The most recent XFree86 3.3.3
Mach64 server supports the Rage Pro LT chipset and should work.  In any
event, here's a website which will give you the whole scoop on installing
Linux on a Dell I7K:

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~steveh/inspiron/

Have fun!

Peter Lukas