Re: [TCLUG:3190] WordPerfect, Sound Card Chatter,

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Brian R. Barnholtz wrote:

>     First of all, is there an easy way to remove a program such as Corel
> Word Perfect,  such as the process used with RPM files.  I loaded the
> program and it runs great except it appears that it will expire after
> the trial period.  Does anyone know if this program will cease to
> function after the trial period and if so, how would I effectively
> remove it from my system... Red Hat 4.2.

I use 'locate' (run 'updatedb' as root, first) to find all files of a
certain persuasion. Then you can go around deleting them. That in itself
will do it, although you can see where a package management system would
be/is nicer.

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/

"Luminous beings are we. Not this...crude matter."  -- Yoda