Re: [TCLUG:3207] boot.img on floppy Help Please

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, rtp wrote:

> I am having trouble building a boot floopy with the "boot.img" and
> "supp.img" files I've gotten from the Redhat errata at
> http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/rh52-errata-general.html

Are you booting these floppies on the same machine you created them on?
Sometimes different floppy drives are aligned slightly different and if a
boot disk is created on one drive, it may not boot on another.  I've had
this problem on a couple PCs here at work.

Mark A Bentley                  Email:  bentlema@cs.umn.edu
Systems Staff, CSci Dept
University of Minnesota         URL:    http://www.cs.umn.edu/~bentlema/