Re: [TCLUG:3207] boot.img on floppy Help Please

The initrd.img from the RedHat boot.img floppy loads the initial ramdisk
from which all other drivers and redhat installers are loaded.  Without
this (at least in the RH boot disk sense), you can't load the installer.
The initrd image is useful for modular kernels like RedHat's where disk
drive drivers are loaded as modules.  This is especially necessary for
modular kernels with scsi adapters.

Peter Lukas