more wine questions (not compile)

I found a binary of wine, so I guess my compile problem is moot (although
I would like to know what's wrong). I use wine only for quicken 4. I
downloaded a 12meg wine-99-1108 from contrib.redhat.com that works, but
has a few display problems and crashes when listing files (to open a
different quicken data file, but if you only use one data file you never
need to file dialog box). I had tried an 1.2 meg rpm of
wine-98-12-something and it always crashed on startup, as does wine
wine-99-1-10. Why is my best copy of wine 12meg and the rest so much
smaller, and is anyone else finding older version of wine work better?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

The great objective of social reform is to prevent a fundamental change in
class relations.   -- Eugene Genovese