Virtusertable error

I was working on this problem a month or so ago, but other projects came up
but I would like to try to fix it now.

What I'm trying to do is to get Sendmail setup for vitual hosting.  The box is
setup for the domain of kerowyns-haven.com but I would like mail addressed to
havenonline.com and a few other domains to go to it.

I have setup a virtusertable.db file per instructions found on the net and via
people on this list.

When I look in my syslog I'm seeing the following error though and mail is not
being delivered correctly:

Jan 13 01:02:56 spot sendmail[6354]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): /etc/sendmail.cf:
line 142: readcf: map virtuser: class dbm not available

I took a look in the sendmail.cfg and line 42 is:

Kvirtuser dbm /etc/virtusertable.db

I checked my /etc directory and here is what I see for virtusertable.db

[root@spot /etc]# dir virtusertable.db
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        16384 Dec 10 17:30 virtusertable.db

Are the permissions ok?   What else could be causing this error?

Thanks,

Jen McNitt