Re: [TCLUG:3420] MIPS is dead

I agree with you, Apple and SGI deal with completly different markets.  It
would make sense that Apple should suffer because they are competing with Intel
on the desktop pc market.  However, one would assume SGI should be doing even
better since DEC is almost dead.  And furthermore, Intel does not cater to the
high-end workstation and server market.  So it doesn't make much sense to me
why this is happening.  I suppose that IRIX is dad too then?

serge