Re: [TCLUG:3477] 3C509B ISA

On Sun, 17 Jan 1999, Chad Juettner wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I think I got it set so that the kernel loads the
> driver as a module at boot. I can see something scroll by referring to
> the 3c509, and I didn't see any errors reported, so I'm guessing that's
> setup right.

Send the output of 'dmesg' (run as root) to the list.

> So far I've tried recompiling the kernel and playing around with isapnp. I
> modified the isapnp.conf file so that the resource settings are identicle
> and checked it twice for conflicts. My ISA modem is working fine, so I'm
> guessing that's setup right too.

You may need to boot from a DOS floppy and run the little config tool that
comes on the 3C509 driver diskette. Make sure it's set to the right
network medium and that PnP is disabled.

Christopher Reid Palmer : reid@pconline.com : www.pconline.com/~reid/