RE: [TCLUG:3548] xdm

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Peter Lukas wrote:

> Yes, xsnow should be killed off at the start of the new session
> automagically.  If not, you can have it stopped by adding
> "killall xsnow || echo -n" to GiveConsole.  I'm pretty sure this isn't
> necessary.

Not that I expect anyone to answer this, but I'm just curious...

If I have a linux "server" and many X terminal clients that connect to it
via xdm, and each has, lets say, xsnow running on it...  And someone logs
in and the "killall xsnow..." runs, would it kill all of the xsnows?

I'm sure there would be a way to do this with multiple, independant xdm
login screens.  Might have to keep track of the pids of each seperately
for each xdm...

Not that this is usefull, it would just be cool to scare away some of the
Windows freaks that like to tour our building and mock us for our rather
simple looking login screens.

--
Tom Cross                     Voice: 320-253-1020    FAX: 320-253-6956
System Administrator                          E-mail: tomc@kendeco.com