RE: [TCLUG:3598] Novice Q1: Dual boot details.

> Best Buy sells it for $33, BTW. Advantages:
> - You get it *right now*
> - You get your own CD's
> - You get free support for 30?90? days
> - You get the cool Red Hat sticker
> - You get the "Installation Manual"
> - Voting with dollars
>
> Disadvantages:
> - You spend more money
>
> You can get the CD for $1.99 from CheapBytes, or lots of people can make
> you a copy of the CD (and these are legal via the GPL). The Installation
> Manual is around $15 at Borders. The two main plusses to buying are
> support if needed and getting it quickly.

	I believe there's a difference in the boxed and the CheapBytes or Linux
Mall RH discs (besides the price) -- boxed RH sets may come with non-GPL'ed
software like MetroX.  I haven't compared the boxed 5.2 with the freebie
discs, so I could be wrong, but I know that was the case with all the 4.x
versions.
	Anyways, just to let you know, if you copy the boxed RH disc you *might* be
pirating someone's software.  On the other hand, if you don't install or use
any of the unfree stuff, you're on firm moral ground as far as I'm
concerned.