Builds character

Original message:
>   I hope no one said this Linux stuff was <easy>. I've found the KDE desktop
>deletes it's own executable links. Click on mail or news client...nothing.
>Funny, it <worked> before, and I didn't go near the configuration file. kppp is
>a good setup tool, but just try going to fvwm or openlook. When KDE shuts down,
>so does your dial up. At least going trhough pppd or equivalent keeps your dial
>up open. KDE also crashes with Netscape. KDE 1.0 has been herewith deleted from
>my partition.

Re-installed KDE. Works fine. I've set up links on my non-root KDE desktop
for accessing pppd in addition to kppp. That works fine, too.

>   Can't find $HOME/.newsrc for tin. Looked at the hidden files, used find.
>Nothing. Not there. So how is tin reading it?

Should have been in the form of a question: Where can I find $HOME/.newsrc?

>   Can't find out how to enter authorization for my news server with trn.
>Authorization fails, program ends.

Same. How do I configure tin to work with news server authorization?

>  Can't figure out how to retrieve email from a remote server with elm or mail.

Same. How do I configure tim and mail to send and retrieve email from a
remote server?

>   Sigh.

Same. Regards to all.

evan