Re: [TCLUG:3819] U of M dial up....the Saga Continues

Morning All!

I had hoped to be able to report on the success of my U of M Dial-up
unfortunately I can only report a partial success. I got it to connect
on Saturday, but when I came back to it on Sunday to give my user account
acess to ppp it wouldn't connect. This is what was in /var/log/messages
after my failed attempts. I beg your pardon in advance...I'm writing
from memory:

ATAZ *70, 8525252
^M
expect CONNECT
^M
alarm
failed
exit
that's the tail end of the log...after that the script would start all over
again. Is there a way to edit the dial-up script to keep it from failing?
Has anyone else had problems with the U taking for ever to get a stabe connection? (Even when I could get my connection working, it took at least two tries)

Thanks
Joe Laha

"We must arm ourselves if we are to defeat the apes."
	--Charleton Heston, Actor, President NRA