Vanilla Clients Maling Clients Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:54] Segfaults on Linux.

Quoting idsfa@excite.com <idsfa@excite.com>:
> Okay, obviously I am insane.

Well, there's all sorts of insane.  Me for example.  I haven't lost my
mind.  I've just got it backed up on tape......somewhere....around here.

> I clearly remember reading *somewhere* (nice and clear, eh?) that
> people were having problems getting connected to servers if they
> used the UDP code to connect to the metaserver.

Hmm.. I went ahead and grabbed the binary off of bigbang and tried it
on my REALLY old Debian setup at home.  I tried with a stock rc file
that had no UDP refrences in it at all and it worked out of the box.
I even tried it on a host that didn't have a metaserver and it worked
as it was supposed to do. (displayed a blank list)  It did the
multiple address thing ok.

We have lots of safeguards in place to handle every error we could
think of.

Hmmm.... *think* *think* *think*  Well, I have an Idea. But I'll talk
to James off-line about it.  I really doubt that's it, though.

> Anyway, I've received a strace and an rc file, so I'll try and
> duplicate the problem on Monday.

Mail it to James and I. Or at least to me.  Core would be nice too.

> Oh, well, off to bounce around in my rubber room.

*boingy* *boingy* *boingy* *boingy* *boingy*

Isn't this fun?  Yay!

--Carlos V.