Clue Pickup Archive

[CLUE-PICKUP] Clue game, and INL rosters

The INL Rosters for the Spring 1999 league are now available at
<http://www.inl.org/>.  I think at least one team that has been actively
playing clue games does not have a submitted roster (TGW)--if you
really intend to play this season, go to <http://www.inl.org/submitteam.cgi>
and do it, soon.

Schedules will go out within the next couple of days.

I would like to run one more test of the nearly-completed INL Robot
tonight, for an actual server release within the next couple of days.
So come to clue.ls.berkeley.edu port 4566/4577, coach 4000/5000, for a
6:30 PM Pacific time game.

Participants in Friday's game can see some stats at
<http://clue.ls.berkeley.edu/~tom/results/2-5-99.html>.  There are some
missing columns due to synchronization difficulties between my parsing
and the server code, but you can get some idea of the things we're trying
to add to the stat database.  In the kill stats, "kbp/kbt/kbe/kbd/kbs"
stand for "kills by phaser, kills by torp, kills by explosion, kills by det,
kills by SMACK", respectively; deaths are analagous.  Yes, we'll also
get planet kills in there.

Friday's game was abbreviated and only 4-on-4 for most of it, so the stats
look a little weird.  I'd like to see a full game stats with the new
parsing code.

Mats, you'll be happy to know that if you kill someone who got his first
kill from someone else, you get a pck, no matter how little time elapses.

Various stats should also be more accurate, particularly bombing.
I also believe acc is now accurate, though I will need to see game stats
to be sure.

Again, clue.ls.berkeley.edu port 4566/4577, coach 4000/5000, starting at
6:30 PM Pacific time.
 -Tom