[VANILLA-L:229] Solaris status report

Well, I have pounded out serveral more bugs and did a bunch of fixes so
I don't get 200+ warning messages when compiled with gcc -Wall.

The good news is I got the "out of tmode planet taking" bug fixed. It was
exactly as Kevin O'Connor <koconnor@acsu.buffalo.edu> said. The vfork
under Solaris is broken.

#define vfork fork

in config.h works like charm.

I have been watching many game as the server via xsg, and I witnessed
many people "padding" their stats by take planets out tmode. I have
altered the code a little to discourage this practice >:-)

Lastly, who is the guardian of the Vanilla server baseline code? When I
am complete, I'd like to submit me patches to him (them?) so that the
Solaris stuff can be integrated into the release.

--
email : tanner@real-time.com		   Come try the latest netrek server
www   : http://www.real-time.com/~tanner   to hit the 'net! Sparc20, 2 75Mhz