[VANILLA-L:906] Re: [VANILLA-L:900] metaserver

Quoting sheldon@visi.com (sheldon@visi.com):
> > Sure it would. If the main server is down and a client makes a request
> > to the down server it not respond, but if the user tries again the
> > request would go to the other server and be answered.
> >
> > This assumes a user will try more then once, which is very typical.
>
>  The clients could be coded to have a fallback list of metaservers to check.  Sort of like one's Primary and Secondary DNS entries.

This is even a better idea. So, we just need to get people to switch
over to a new clients with the new code.

Would a client switch tick off lots of people? Since clients seem to
spark holy-wars on rgn...

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700

+