[VANILLA-L:7] Re: [VANILLA-L:1] Re: [VANILLA-L:881] Enable the "who" command?

Ok, to respond to the comments received so far:

kmorgan@wusnext.Eng.Sun.COM (Keir Morgan) wrote:
>   Since I'm fairly certain this list is managed by majordomo,
> it's a trivial option to just enable "who" for the members of
> the list. I believe the option is "private_who".

Thanks for the tip.  I checked, and I believe the line to put in the
config file is:

who_access          = list

"Darryl Palmer" <Darryl_Palmer_Jr@msn.com> wrote:
> I don't know why we need to have it enabled.

It helps by letting you know if you have to CC to somebody that you
want to get the message but isn't on the list.  This occurs a lot.

Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 06:06:53PM -0400, Jeffrey Nowakowski wrote:
>> 2) There's nothing stopping the spammers from just sending mail to the
>> list.

> Actually, Majordomo can restrict posts to subscribers only.

Which would really suck for people posting bug reports.

> I am against helping spammers along by publicizing list members'
> addresses.

As I've said before, your email address probably shows up somewhere
publically, whether you like it or not.  Posting to this list, for
one.

At any rate, I hope these are all moot points.  Is there any objection
to enabling who for the list only?

-Jeff (specter)
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++