[VANILLA-L:32] What part of the res-rsa can't be exported

What part of the res-rsa code cannot be exported?

It looks to me like the server only uses rsa_utilmp.o, is this the
"important" file that cannot be exported or is the entire res-rsa
directory structure non-exportable?

What I am hoping to do is build 2 shared RSA libraries, 1 being the
legit RSA lib that cannot be exported and the other be a "dummy" lib
that has all the RSA functional signature, but the functions
themselves do nothing.

My assumption is then we can distribute a "netrek" binary with the
dummy shared lib, then people would be able just install a binary and
play. But, if they want RSA checking, the would need to get the legit
RSA lib from the appropriate source. Then, just swap the legit RSA
shared lib in place and they should be up and running.

Comments?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700

+