[VANILLA-L:45] Re: [VANILLA-L:40] Source tree re-organization?

Quoting James Cameron (james.cameron@digital.com):
> Bob Tanner wrote:
> > Any comments on this?
>
> I don't know any reasons why this should not be done.
>
> If you can promise to do this and make it work, and test it by building
> a distribution tar.gz file and installing it on a Linux system, then by
> all means, do so.

Hmmm... promise? That is a serious committment, I'd have to think
about it :-)

> It helps if you do this while my Source Keeper's library is in unchanged
> state; as it is now.  I have applied nothing since 2.8pl0 was released.
>
> Follow GNU style;
>
> 	- ./include	directory for common include files
> 	- ./common	directory for common source modules

Is there a written doc on GNU conventions? I'll look myself, but I'd
appreciate any urls to relevant documentation.

> What about those files that are compiled with different DEFINE's to
> generate different object files?

I'd have to give this some thought. My hopes are that the GNU
convention/style doc would lend some advise on how to do this.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700

+