Vanilla List Maling List Archive

RE: [VANILLA-LIST:2250] end_tourney.pl failed to parse

> Kurt Siegl [mailto:007@freemail.at] wrote:
> Dave Ahn wrote:
> >Hey, guys.  We just finished playing an official game vs ET.
>  end_tourney.pl
> >ran, but the generated pwstats.xxx.html are empty.  Since
> I'm not a perl
> >programmer, maybe someone can analyze and fix the problem...
> >
> >The INL_log file is located at
> >ftp://ftp.netrek.org/pub/netrek/anx/INL_log.923777935.gz
>
> Just fetched th log. It stopped after
>
> 	TIME: Game started at 923772136 seconds
>
> So it can't generate any output oviously.

Ok, I see what happened.  The log stats for the 1 minute between the start
command being executed(i.e. the line Kurt points out), and the game actually
starting are missing.

The perl script is searching for this line:

INL->ALL  INL Tournament starting now. Twinks(ROM) vs. Twits(FED).

I added this line to the logs and reran the end_tourney.pl and received some
results which I then put at:

ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/sheldon/netrek/stats/pwstats.1.html

The log file was smaller than I expected at first, but then I realized we
never hit Overtime! :)

Steve