Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2756] DUX

> I ran across "DUX -- A client for Netrek" which is based on COW.  Anyone
> familiar with this effort?

I guess I'm the one to blame for what's there.  I had made some
modifications to cow, someone asked that I put it on a web page, so I
did.  In short, I converted it to c++ (not really much to that),
changed the sound code (added background MP3 music, had stereo effects
at one point), and have been trying (slowly) to clean up the code and
get rid of various fluff in an attempt to both understand and simplify
the code.  I've also been adding some code to allow people to write
"training" scripts (sorta like the tutorial in subspace).

--
Nathan Doss                           ndoss@usa.net