[VANILLA-L:1311] Re: [VANILLA-L:1310] RE: [VANILLA-L:1308] Re: [VANILLA-L:1307] Re: Clue check keyword update

"Steve Sheldon" <sheldon@visi.com> wrote:
>  While you are at it, I want to see statistics of the number of players who
> are ejected who return to play again instead of deleting the game off their
> harddrive in disgust.

As much as I don't like admitting it, Sheldon has brought me around on
this one.  All those clue-check ejections Bob is seeing are new
players trying out the game.  Expecting these players to read is a bit
much.

Bob, I've even seen you nuke players because they weren't doing
enough.  Pickup should be safe for twinks and newbies, or even people
with clue who aren't in a mood for a serious game.  Save your ire for
clue games.

However, I think we should leave the clue check in the code with the
default turned off in the sysdef (as it is now).  It's possible that
in the distant future we may have a large enough playerbase to support
a default "newbie" server in the clients, in which case it might be
useful to have the clue check for "clued" servers.

>  On the other hand, if you are willing to implement it Bob, I'm perfectly
> willing to code up my idea of having only a single clue-check occur.  That
> check would occur at the point a player is to be promoted to a new rank.
> Until they respond to the question they will not be promoted.

I think this is a very good idea.

-Jeff
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++